Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I have had my first adventure in sourdough bread making. The starter took 9 days to ferment. The sponge had to sit for 1 day and then I mixed in the flour and kneaded it. Let it rise two more hours and re-kneaded it. Then formed loaves and let it rise another hour. baked it for 45 minutes and viola!

It contains cornmeal, chickpea flour, wheat flour, oats, sunflower seeds, and unbleached white flour. is dense and sour and delicious.
I am very proud of this.


Jake, jacob, and I went on a south broadway adventure today. Our aim was the crystal wizard but we got there a 1/2 hour too soon. so we wandered down broadway, stopping at the food mart, talked to some folks, then found a garage sale where I purchased a record of an italian man with an accordian and a fantastic bread making book. I have yet to listen to the record.
went to the wizard and bought a poster for Luc's birthday.

I might have a violin teacher soon. Bridget's man friend Brian said he will try to muster up the confidence to teach.

KC tomorrow, I am bummed to be missing the rap show but teenage bottlerocket is amazing

No comments: