Sunday, May 4, 2008

Sometimes optimism just sounds naive when for the sake of those around you.

I baked cupcakes last night. I am trying to work on a better presentation of my cooking/baking and an increase in the intensity of flavors. I also wish I had a camera to regularly upload photos of the things I make. I made lemon cupcakes and filled them with a chocolate mousse. I used a basic vegan vanilla cupcake recipe and added in about 3 Tbs. worth of fresh lemon juice and a Tbs. of lemon zest. The flavor still wasn't as lemony as i wanted, and somewhere in the process my first batch in the oven deflated a bit, maybe there was too much acidity. Who knows. I will try again and maybe by that time I'll have taken pictures to include with recipes.

The farm on the North Side (New Roots) apparently got their nucs. last weekend. I have yet to venture to the farm to check out their apiary, which is placed perfectly inside of the orchard. I really hope to figure out how to balance my time so I can contribute to the bee keeping as well.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

whoa, those sound delicious!!!