Tuesday, January 20, 2009

new dude

my work closed down for about forty five minutes today. We shuffled across the street, to the grocery, popped open some beer and watched the inauguration on a t.v. my boss brought in. It was pretty silly. At first I was happy for all the minorities because this, I thought, was at least an advancement for them. It was a "hopeful" time for anyone ever discriminated against, even though I damn well know it's all the same. But after today, more than ever, I realize that all these white folks elected a black man to save them, because the dude before him did a shit job, and now they're desperate.

also a woman came to my work and asked if our bacon was humanely raised before slaughter. i wanted to sock her one. that is impossible. It is impossible to raise a creature into adulthood only intending to murder it for your own benefit.

grrr

No comments: