Saturday, January 3, 2009

Updated new Year

New Year's Eve was a blast. I didn't really feel like going out considering the fact that I was fighting off illness trying to invade my body, but I'm glad I did. Patrick came over and we dashed over to off Broadway as the Madonna cover band was playing. Took 5 minutes to get from the door to the bar and another 10 before we found our friends. Madonna cover band was okay, but the Monads doing a whole DEVO cover set... AMAZING. They did mongoloid and gates of steel and ended with whip it which was disappointing but still extraordinary fun! some jerk with a girlfriend was all over me, 3 times, and I was a little unnerved, oh well. Then a Huey Lewis and the News cover band played, not ass exciting. Midnight came, champagne flew, got made out with by surprise (yick) and then Beth posed the question "How many people contracted herpes in the new year?" and I freaked. We left that joint and headed to the Deacon to see Jacob. Two more creepers there then we went to Courtesy where a skinhead hit on me. God what luck. I dropped my blasted friends off and headed home, getting in no later than 3am.
And today I became my own worst enemy in terms of huge Hippocratic dumb asses and bought a new (used) car. Tired of mine blowing smoke from the hood into my lungs and the earth.

No comments: